AOC: Dems Have the ScandalNewser — Neal Colgrass
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez rekindled the impeachment flame Saturday with a tweet that accused Democrats of harboring a scandal worse than anything President Trump has done, USA Today reports.
"At this point, the bigger national scandal isn't the president's lawbreaking behavior—it is the Democratic Party's refusal to impeach him for it," she tweeted. Rep.
Adam Schiff didn't disagree on CNN's State of the Union, saying "we very well may have crossed the Rubicon" with accusations that Trump pressed Ukrainian leaders to investigate Joe Biden's son.
"If the president is essentially withholding military aid at the same time he is trying to browbeat a foreign leader into doing something illicit ... then [impeachment] might be the only remedy," he said.
But Trump's team rallied:
- Mere speculation: "I wasn't on the call, but I have no reason to believe the president pressured ... a foreign leader," said Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on State of the Union, per the Hill.
"I think this is a lot being made up about one person's speculation."
- Them, not us: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on ABC's This Week that it "wouldn't be appropriate" to delve into "private conversations between world leaders," per Salon.
But he added: "I do think if Vice President Biden behaved inappropriately, if he was protecting his son and intervened with the Ukrainian leadership in a way that was corrupt, I do think we need to get to the bottom of that."
- More Rudy: "His family has been taking money from his public office for years," Rudy Giuliani said of Joe Biden on Fox News Sunday, per Politico.
"Ladies and gentlemen, go look at what the press has been covering up."
- Ivanka Tweeted About Star Wars . Luke Skywalker Responded
- Al Franken Hit With an Anonymous Accusation
- Trump on Rep.
Schiff: 'Arrest for Treason?'
This article originally appeared on Newser: AOC: Dems Have the Scandal